Security Sergeants Heading link
There is a uniformed Security Sergeant on each of the three watches. The Security Sergeant supervises the daily operation of the watch and responds to assistance calls with other security staff. Their key responsibilities and duties include:
- Interviews, selects, and orients new Security Officers.
- Establishes work assignments and schedules of assigned Security Officers.
- Provides leadership, training, supervision and manages performance of the Security Officers.
- Plans and schedule training for assigned Security Officers.
- Develops training curriculum, conduct classes, tests and evaluates class work.
- Implements, disciplines, and enforces standard operating procedures and policies for assigned staff.
- Conducts periodic inspections to assure the assigned staff are performing in accordance with appropriate guidelines.
- Maintains necessary operational records and reports for Security Officer staff.
- Performs duties at lower level of this series.
- Performs related duties as assigned.