Security Guards Heading link
There is a team of uniformed Security Guards on each of the three watches. They are tasked with staffing a number of fixed posts across the hospital and clinic facilities. Their key responsibilities and duties include:
- Monitor activity at a static post assignment including any T.V. monitor stations or pass desk.
- Check incoming and outgoing people for proper identification/authorization.
- Lock/unlock doors, turn lights on/off as scheduled; check doors and lights for status at prescribed times.
- Provide information/assistance to staff, faculty, visitors and students.
- Activate/deactivate and/or respond to door alarms.
- Prepare reports of activity including the Officer’s Log of Activity and miscellaneous incidents.
- Be prepared to follow emergency procedures relating to fire alarms/drills, utility/equipment failures, disaster calls or drills, securing medical assistance and using the paging system.
- Use judgement in deciding to independently handle potential security or emergency situations or to contact University Police.
- Provide safety escorts and assist Police Officers with activity where practicable.
- Monitor activity within assigned area to ensure safety of people and property.
- Check and note the status of out of place equipment, property and supplies.
- Check persons working to ensure they are not in need of help, i.e., sick, injured or victims of crime.
- Warn violators of and enforce University rules and regulations.
- Tour buildings and grounds to ensure safety and security, while reporting to proper authorities any emergent concerns/matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned