The majority of police agency activity is service in nature. We refer to these services as miscellaneous activity.
In 2010, among many types of calls, the department:
- Responded to 2410 Startel Alarms.
- Responded to 1709 panic, security and trouble alarms.
- Responded to 169 fire alarms.
- Responded to 714 assist-other-police-agency calls.
- Completed 58814 foot patrols and premise checks of campus property.
- Investigated 1162 complaints of suspicious persons, vehicles or activity.
- Responded to 345 patient-assist calls.
- Completed 853 hours of citizen contacts through community contacts hosting a total of 51,360 attendants
- Completed 1110 offense reports
- Conducted 238 follow up investigations
- Affected 493 total arrests
- Issued 1264 parking citations
- Issued 1835 moving citations
Crime statistics data for educational institutions across the country are available to the public at http://ope.ed.gov/SECURITY/Search.asp
UIC crime statistics are available at http://www.uic.edu/uic/studentlife/campus/safety-stats-chicago.shtml