Illinois Medical District Security Group
The Illinois Medical District Commission governs development of the Illinois Medical District, a 560-acre area bordered by Ashland Avenue, the Eisenhower Expressway, Oakley Boulevard, and 14/15th Street on the Near West side of Chicago.
The Illinois Medical District (IMD) includes four major medical centers and six hospitals, as well as federal, state, county, and city health and human services agencies. The District was created to provide its member institutions with land and a proper environment for medical research.
The Illinois Medical District Security Group was created in 1986. The Group prepares and periodically revises a District Security Plan to enhance crime prevention efforts and mutual aid among the police and security agencies within the District. Group members include the following agencies;
- Chicago Police Department
- Cook County Hospital Police
- Illinois State Police Division of Forensic Services
- Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Hospital Security Department
- The University of Illinois at Chicago Police
- Veterans Administration (West Side Medical Center) Police